In accordance with the legislative mandate, CBP will initiate the deployment of the Automated Commercial Environment (ACE), for both ACE Core Drawback and ACE Trade Facilitation and Trade Enforcement Act (TFTEA) Drawback on February 24, 2018. On this same date,
TFTEA Drawback will become effective. Due to the fact that these will all be implemented on the same day, drawback claimants will likely encounter some growing pains.
Between February 24th, 2018 and February 24th, 2019, trade will have the option to file drawback claims using either Core Drawback or TFTEA Drawback.
If you are using ACE Core Drawback, ACE will include the following changes:
- Consolidation of all drawback claims to entry type 47
- For electronic claims, submission of entire drawback package will be submitted electronically
- There will be system validations
- Entry line level reporting is not required
If you are using ACE TFTEA Drawback, ACE will include the following changes:
- Substitution will be done based on 8-digit HTS or Schedule B number
- Drawback claimants are required to file all drawback claims electronically
- Recordkeeping requirement is three years from the date of liquidation
- All claims must be filed within five years from the date of importation
- Entry line level reporting is required
J.M. Rodgers Co., Inc. has been monitoring this for many months and has an excellent grasp of the system and will be able to tackle any issues that may occur. Please contact us if you have any questions or issues as we will be happy to assist you.